music

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thaksin's Red Army

Wednesday morning and the house is alive. Late Monday night, or early Tuesday morning, I can't tell I was so out of it, Oi's family arrived. Grandma, brothers Om and O, O's wife and 3 year old son.

I was up early and off to Camp Crusty No. 3. This was a complete pile of brown kakka. Even browner and more vomit -inducing than usual. With the knowledge that three of the white monkeys, well, almost white, were going to be sacked on completion of the forced participation. One, Phillip, for being too old, Shaz, for being a bit slack, and Oliva (from Zimbabwe) for being black. Yes, apathy ran high and the olny people putting any energy into it was Pee Dtoi and Phit, and even she had gone out on the razz the night before. The fat, miserable Chinese female onlookers looked suitably dissaproving and walrus-like as they gazed at the dancing monkeys like some humiliating scene from Star Wars. My rift with Gee is, as yet, unbridged, so that added to the general miserableness of the event. The only people who enjoyed it was the kids. I assume this was because they are normally so deprived of fun at the fascist school (Sri Nakhon - I used to work there eons ago) that any sort of opportunity to laugh was seized with desperate gratitude.

Horribly sad and crap, I left as soon as I could.

Don had called and has arrived back in town after his stint up North. He has some wiz photos and stories to tell. Sadly, he brought no happiness with him. We drank a few beers before I came home to recuperate.

Jumping into the hammock, it immediately snapped and my weighty derriere landed with full force on one of my rocks used to sway me back and forth. Argh! My tailbone! It still hurts twelve hours later.

O's son is a terror. Left to his wife's grandparents at an early age he has grown up resembling a wild animal. Screaming and wailing and throwing things about, I had moved straight in for the kill with this little yoboik. O's is a bit embarrassed but I am giving him the full treatment and relating to Oi some of the methods my own father took on his children. Oh yes, it would appear to be working as he already doesn't like me. I said if he doesn't behave he will have to sleep outside with the dog, lock him in the bathroom when he refused to come out, send him to bed with no supper and have him up at the crack on dawn for a 5 mile run and a swim before going to school. I also suggested he gets put to work until you can break the little bugger down. He's a mess. He was even hitting poor grandma.

They have to go home today. A shame I missed there visit due to a concentration camp English happy club, but there you go.

I now have to go to the cop shop to do my 90 day report in and do another seminar for Thai teachers to use English in the classroom. All without pay and with nothing to work from except my own noggin.

And I see on Friday the Thakin's red shirt army are due to march on Bangkok. 6,000 assault rifles were stolen (or sold) from an army camp a few days ago and any foreigners seen near the protest march will be arrested and thrown in jail.

TIT (This is Thailand)

No comments: