music

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Vanilla Custard

Been on a music video mission of late, and have acquired great live shows by The Stones (Marquee 1971), The Kinks (BBC 1973), Bob Marley (making of Spark a Fire), Thin Lizzy (Australia 1977) with more on the way. They make good viewing with buddies and usually have greater entertainment value.

Grace is just coming on leaps and bounds and seems to change literally by the hour. As I was watering the garden this morning, I paused and waved at her sitting in her little Davros chair on the porch. Up came the her little arm and yes, she returned the wave with a smile to boot.

Started watching a great 1949 western yesterday which I must complete viewing; "Colorado Territory". Awesome story and very dramatic.

I discovered the little jars of Heinz baby food in town. I bought a selection and they have become an instant hit. I told Oi I could remember eating a chocolate mousse one when I were a nipper. I was sent back for more and they are now in danger of running out in the store and monopolizing Gracie's daily diet. Vanilla Custard soon became firm favourite.

I blasted through an incredible game the other day; Battlefield 2 Bad Company. Jaw-dropping graphics. Machine gunning down terrorists in the South American jungle and in the desert somewhere. A great end sequence on a huge military plane, blasting holes in the passenger seat headrests with a shotgun in a blinding fury of an advance to the cockpit.

Had a cracker of a night at Patrick's the other day with himself and Tom. We watched, "It Might Get Loud" with The Edge, Jimmy Page and the the chap from the White Stripes. I actually slept on the sofa and sped home in the early morning.

Tom has gone down to join Don in Malaysia for a few days.

I have just been given Grace to look after so more later...

No comments: