music

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rocks

Rocks are the order of the day and yesterday I undertook 4 grueling journeys on the bike to various strategic locations around my neighbourhood to acquire stone.

Loading them into my Karrimore rucksack, the big one I came to this country with, which has sadly seen very little action, I had to be very sneaky in case someone didn't like what I was doing. The best approach I found was to don my worn blue sun hat and make out like I was some mad old fool scrambling about in the undergrowth and being careful not to look up to catch a passing stranger's eye. I received not complaints.

It's pretty hard work clambering up a shingle slope with a ton on your back. Let alone getting on the bike for the journey home, yet four trips were completed and the garden is looking rather super.

Yet my obsession with rocks is only growing and the concerned old man in the garden shop who watched me trailing back and forth has invited me to fish the stones out of the canal at the back of his house. A mere stones throw from my own. This I will do. And every time I gaze with hungry eyes at the transforming oasis a new idea springs to mind, usually involving my stoney friends.

But enough of these igneous and sedimentary deposits...

With Don back in town, we have had a chance to chew the fat and enjoyed a good night with Tom and Patrick at D's pad. It is nice to have a bit of a crowd again. Insults and cheap jibes were exchanged and everyone made it home safely. I was chastised for handing out movie and music recommendations ten a penny and yet not following up such choices made to me. Since then, I have come home and downloading all of the offending articles in a bid to make amends. What can I say? The Escapist, The Mackintosh Man, Cadillac Records shall all be viewed and commented upon with harsh words and forked tongue should they not come up to the mark. Indeed, the actual amount of movies that I finish watching in their entirety is a rapidly diminishing commodity. Years of work and toil and sweat lay half-digested like an abandoned pizza on the living room floor. Half or unwatched DVD's litter my playroom like lost children in a bustling supermarket full of Saturday shoppers and grumpy alcoholics.

I used to dream of working in the movies. I'm glad I changed my mind with all the crap that circulates. Still, there are rare gems to be enjoyed and nurtured. The Cove, as recommended in my last post, is such a jewel.

Fighting through Bioshock 2 which is great fun. Art-deco, decayed underwater cities are great places to kick some ass. Had some trouble firing up the download but eventually got it working with some help from internet buddies.

There is actually rather a lot of great games yet to be played. It's a shame because one does not have the time to give proper credit to each one individually. And they really are great. Supply is outweighing demand.

Grace is changing every day and just gets sweeter and sweeter. It's hard to fathom were all this goodness comes from, but then I just have to look at Oi to realise.

Indeed, I am most lucky and now we are in the holidays, lazy days at home reign on.

No comments: