music

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tom

Awesome night with Tom last night.

Things started badly when he dropped a bottle of beer while putting the amber nectar in the fridge. Actually, I think the bag twisted and one bottle got caught and flipped out of the bag. He was not happy.

Things swiftly got better as we downed the first few jars. Christ, he bought eight, now seven bottles with him. I had three Archas then had to beg for more when I ran dry.

Conversation settled on music after our weekly, "This is what really pisses me off about Thailand" rants. My rant this week was about why you can't buy decent beer in this country, because the rich cunts have a monopoly on what comes in and they just want you to buy their cheaply made, low quality, chemical laden scanty gnats piss. There is a ton of stuff that just doesn't get into this country. Toys are another shit-shining example. Most toys, a lump of plastic with some buttons on it, are well over 1000Bht. A days wages to me and several days to a regular piss-poor Thai worker. No wonder the fucking aisles of the Toy Department are full, void of shoppers and ghost-like. Only the rich children of the elite can afford them. Regular kids get nothing. Yes, toys are one thing you don't see much of over here.

Anyway, after our moaning and groaning we got into serious conversation about the Stones and everyone else. We sat listening to Morcheeba's first album, "Who Can You Trust?" for a few choice tracks. The one with the photo of a huge bud on it. Cheaply produced it is amazing raw trip-hop whatever the fuck you call it. Tom likened them to Medeski, Martin and Wood and Portishead.
In a rare event and due to my inability to locate my cherished psychedelic glass pipe (which Tom brought me back from California, incidently) Tom suggested we do joints. We had two and entered the full flow of the night.

At some point in the small hours I looked up from raving about some album and Tom wasn't there. He was laying down across two chairs.

That was sort of the end of the night. I think I attempted a video watch but it appeared to not occur, judging from todays memory recall.

Back to contemplating rocks...

No comments: