music

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Little Orange Helpers

Well, the crummy English seminar has been delayed until next Monday. Bashing one's head against the wall makes so much sense sometimes.

Still, I am trying to relax and block out any thoughts of work as the holiday truly is yet to begin.

I have been suffering a bit from stress of late. I developed a nasty cold sore and yesterday bought some anti-anxiety pills from a tiny, yet laden, pharmacist. My, just one of those little orange pills sent me to happyland. I started coming up on the way home on the bike. I had a Guinness a few hours later and felt very sleepy and comfortable. My bottom is still quite tender after my unfortunate hammock accident. In addition to this, I have had a muscular pain from my back up through my neck to the lower part of my skull on my left side for over a month now. Still, things are in full swing to ease these stresses now. It all began when I was doing my dissertation, working full time and finishing my degree back in the mid/late 90's. Never been the same since. Wankers.

A bit windy today, and with the blazing heat I think the weathers going to do something.

DL'd and really enjoying "Caprica" which is a precursor to Battlestar Galactica. It has Eric Sholts who is pretty fine actor.

DL's Bioshock 2, the undersea city shooter. It's great but I am worn from playing too many games.

Oi's family brought me a bunch of rocks for the garden so I shall be completing my rock beds in the next coming days. I have also planted some spuds which I shall be thrilled with if they poked their little heads out and reach for the sky.

Acquired Van Morrison's Into The Music album which was recommended to me by the famous Stuart Barratt from Halesowen, Birmingham a lifetime ago in Australia back in 1988. It's a shame he vanished in to thin air as his musical knowledge left me a rare glimpse of genius. I came away with some names though, yet this quality of perceptiveness I will never be able to emulate.

No comments: