music

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Bluebells

The cameras are messed up, but we did take some pretty good snaps of our outing today.

Last night I went to the Square Brewery with Jimmy V and Steve Cannings. It was good to drink some HSB and have a decent talk. We spoke of the old days, friends, Thailand and Petersfield when we grew up. It was a great crack. At closing time, Steve went home and Jimmy slept at our house. I had bought some Old Speckled Hen for the after party. I played him an In Our Time episode on the Sassanian Empire and then we had a game of Carcassonne. I suggested he might like it to play with Harry. Nicholas came down twice in rising fury at the noise we were creating (which was totally minimal). I thought he was a bit crap, though glad he took the good road of saying nothing about it the next morning. Anyway, that's him.

Today, me, Mum, Oi and Grace went to the woods where we used to collect magic mushrooms. Wendy had told me it is excellent for Bluebells, and indeed, it was. We sat in the woods for an hour and chilled out. Grace loved running about in the leaves and we saw a couple of deer. Got some great snaps that I will post later.

After that we headed to a wonderful pub near Petworth and ate lunch in the garden. I had my usual ploughmans. We had some Rhubarb Fool for dessert which was yummy. Grace found a small cart to push about the garden.

Now full, we drove about for a bit in the beautiful West Sussex countryside in view of the South Downs. We found a garden open and did the tour. Quite splendid, with tea and lemon cake on the lawn afterwards. Oi really enjoyed herself and Mum had a great time too.

On the way home we stopped at Derly Marsh Farm Shop for some pick-your-own food and other favourites.

Tonight, I am tired but have to meet up with Marc and his wife for a pint.

No comments: