music

Monday, April 18, 2011

Victory

Still denied of photograghs, today our merry ensemble headed down to Southsea and Londesborough Road to call in at my house. The tenant was very lovely with a small son called Charlie who instantly became friends with Grace. We had a chat to Andy the Builder over the garden wall. His wife has just passed on, so it was a little tender, though he obviously enjoyed a chin-wag with mum. Everything appears to be good there so touch wood.

From there we headed to Gun Wharf and back to the fish and chip shop at Portsmouth Harbour. Yes, they were as delicious as at the beginning of our holiday.

I wanted to show Oi the Victory so we had a stroll around the free part of the naval docks. There was a great gift shop where we all bought maritime souvineers. Mum bought me an awesome compass as an early birthday present, and I bought a cap with "Old Sea Dog" written on it.

We headed back to Gun Wharf and after a bit more shopping came home.

Presently, Mum and Oi are preparing a BBQ supper in the garden on another glorious evening.

Mum accidently bought a couple of bottles of Perry for me. This is Pear Cider to the uniniated and it delicious. I will attempt to have several more before journey's end. I had seen it talked about on River Cottage back in LOS with Hugh Fernley Whittingstall and it had sparked my interest. So sad I will be to leave behind these treasures I so enjoy.

I should say that this morning, for the first time ever, I saw the Blue Pontipine family in In the Night Garden. I called for Oi to come immediately should they dissapear. I was glad she witnessed them too. They are called the Washingsons for something indeciferable.

Last night in bed I watched Brassed Off with the recently departed Pete Postleswaite. It was just as good as I remembered it. A sad lose, losing Pete.

Talking of Pete, Congrats to oldest buddy Peter for birth of new daughter. Best Wishes sent your way, old pal.

Tonight, I hope to play Oi at Carcassonne with the new expansion packs I bought for added mirth. She's beaten me once already so we could be evenly matched.

I have been thinking of inventing a game based on the City of Winchester, following my visit.

I have been really enjoying the book Nicholas lent me, "The Templars", though I fear I will not complete it before end time. I am also loathed to stow it in my bag...

No comments: