music

Friday, April 29, 2011

Phew....We made it!

An excruiating journey home, but we made it in one piece.

Having caught the train to Woking, we lugged the bags relay style to the hotel. Blimey! Talk about gangland. The place was crawling with Asian gangsters. Bad boys with hoods and shades mouthing into mobile phones and looking dodgy.

We went for a stroll to do some last time shopping in the prestigous Peacock Centre, Woking's pride and joy. I had my only hamburger at Burger King and spotted Toys R Us, so bought a final Night Garden action figure set for Grace. In the evening I took Grace miles to get to the park, which was actually brilliant. She went on the slide about thirty times and it was nearly dark when I carried her back to our cosy, little room.

The 4 o'clock wake up call never came. Luckily, I didn't sleep at all so was ready anyhow. We got the coach successfully and finally checked it. Here we were spotted with Calpoll which was taken from us.

The first flight to Adu Dabi was good. Loads of empty seats and Grace ran around the plane the entire trip. The second leg was a nightmare. Heaving and very cramped. Grace slept through the entire leg of the journey. I was very uncomfortable.

Next stop; Bangkok. Here, we got pulled on the luggage allowance for the flight to Hat Yai. It wasn't too bad though and had to shell out 2100 Baht. I was fairly dizzy but this stage, and the last flight was fairly horrid.

The final taxi ride was weird and I feel like I don't know this place at all. Such a strange feeling. At home, Ching-Ching came running out and Oi's mum rushed back from the market to let us in. I took a 4 hour kip, my first since Wednesday morning, blew the dust out of my PC, unpacked my bag and retrieved my precious Carcasonne game (plus expansions) and Maisy books.

I just see the wedding went well. Grace is sleeping in our mats on the floor now and Oi is showing the photos to her mum.

Phew!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I get back to Spain, for the first half day I have the exciting feeling of being somewhere exotic. Sadly, it soon wears off.

Glad you back safe and sound.

It was fantastic seeing you all

nanci1234 said...

I admit I wasn't too excited about coming back to Thailand, but I think homelife here will be very rewarding.