music

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Winchester Cathedral

Last night had some beers in Petersfield with Marc and his wife Jackie. Good times. Marc also put me at ease about my house in Southsea and possible future decisions.

This morning I ran through life and financial situations with Mater which were quite positive. I also arranged to go and see the tenant at my house in Southsea. Anyway, things seem to be fairly okay, as long as we are careful.

Today, Mum, Oi, Grace and I drove over to Winchester and enjoyed a sunny day wandering around the old city and cathedral. The architecture is superb and the walk by the river glorious. I pick up three hard-to-come-by Maisy books too, which I am very excited about. I have quite a collection now.We explored the ruins of Wolvesley Castle and found an excellent childrens playground where Grace tried all the rides she has come to love whilst being in England. The leaves on the trees have really come on since we arrived, most a fresh light green as the Spring truly breaks any reminder of Winter. We had a roast dinner in the cathedral grounds and ice creams on a grassy bank.

So, a great day and more plans developing for our final days here and securing agreements and understandings about the future.I have also had a couple of ideas for new schemes back in Thailand that holidays so often bring.

This week we shall be going back down to Portsmouth, visiting Jonathan Snowdon in Greatham, paying my final visit to the dentist, meeting up with Tish as she embarks on a cruise with Mater, hooking up with Jimmy V and Darren, and probably paying a visit to Marc and family on the Isle of Wight. A London visit is on the cards for Oi, maybe I will tag along...

No comments: