music

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tooth

I have just been exposed to the fine art of tooth pulling. I don't know if its the Scottish bones in my body, but, like the Hygenist, he had a real hard time pulling the fucker. There was only a tiny bit of exposed tooth left to get a grip on too, which made it work. Though the anasethic was obviously wonderful, I could still feel the stubborn white chomper hanging on for dear life. There was a terrific crack and that was the end of it. Now, I lie in wait for the drugs to wear off and for pain to come seering into my gums.

As light relief, and though I am really trying not to buy anything more in this country of shopping opportunities, I am however mighty tempted to grab one of those ereader thingys. I was going to go for a Kindle 3, which are apparently all the rage, but I am being steered towards a Sony 350 by the Richard Dryfuss lookalike in the book shop. I shall wander back to the shops tomorrow for a demonstration. Any books I acquire will be through from pirates anyway, though I do fancy some historical reading brought on my Nicholas's fine collection. In fact, I have started reading two of his purchases; The Templars and Generals. Perhaps I am at that stage in life when Men disapear into a world of military history books. I am still listening to my substantial collection of In Our Time episodes I brought with me. Last night was relistens of War and Babylon. I also squeezed in the Bette Davies version of Of Human Bondage prior to Melvin Bragg.

On the social side, we have enjoyed a BBQ every night this week as the weather is still fantastic, and I have been taking Grace to the parks a couple of times every day.

Tomorrow Tish will arrive before departing on a cruise with Mater. Mater will also take Oi on a lightening tour of London. I am opting to stay at home and take care of the girl.

No comments: