music

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Carcassonne

One of the joys of coming to the civilised side of the globe is all the cool stuff you can buy. In the local book shop that houses a fair game section I came across Carcassonne. "Looks interesting...", I mused. It reminded me of Civ and those building games back on the PC, but this was a table-top game. It also had various expansion packs with enticing titles like; Inns and Cathedrals and Abbeys and Mayors. I meandered back home to check out any reviews online, that old rising enthusiam of a new game purchase in my loins.

Great reviews and a rush back to the shops, I have secured this little treasure with one expansion pack for some gaming fun, if I can find a willing victim. Nice to buy something like this for myself. I am hoping Tom might be willing for a game and maybe Oi if I am lucky.

Meanwhile, taking some downtime from the social scene as I am feeling rather exhausted. UK is great, but my mind is settling with Thailand as the home of choice. Prices are just crippling here. Jimmy V told me it would cost about a hundred just for us to get to London.These things have set me worrying, though I think we should go for it while we are here, but I don't see a return trip in the foreseeable future, unless some unknown relative dies and leaves us a ton of cash. And the thought of working here leaves me colder than the chilling wind outside my window.

I picked up The Secret Garden in Mum's cabin for a little childhood reading. Fine it is too, snuggled in a cosy home.

Gin and Tonic is calling....must go....

No comments: